Imagine West Melbourne is a uniform school. Our school has designed a dress code that creates an environment of positive character development and educational advancements. The purpose of our dress code is to:
- Create a school culture that fosters academics and positive social and character development
- Maintain a safe and orderly campus,
- Promote neatness and modesty, and Avoid pitfalls of “cool” fads or styles.
Students are expected to be in the Imagine West Melbourne student uniform every day from the time they enter the school campus until they are off the campus each afternoon.
CLOTHING: All clothing should be neat, well-fitted, and age-appropriate. Clothing should not be too tight nor too baggy, and not ripped or torn. Clothing should not include tulle, sequins, designs, rivets, or sparkles, or words other than words relating to our school.
- Cotton blend trouser style with limited pockets
- Solid color choice of: navy, black, or tan
- Style of pants-full length and Capri length
- Shorts must be knee length
- Jeans may be worn on Fridays for $1.00, money raised is used to help fund school initiatives or community outreach efforts.
- Uniform style jumpers in navy, black, or tan only.
- All dresses, skirts, jumpers, and skorts must be knee length.
- Students are encouraged to wear shorts in dress code colors underneath skirts, dresses, or jumpers, to maintain modesty.
- VPK-6th grade shirts must be plain colored grey or royal blue polo with the Imagine logo
- Students may wear short or long sleeve polo shirts only.
- Imagine logo embroidery must be on all shirts.
- Shirts must be of “tuckable” length and need to be tucked in at all times.
- Undershirts may be worn that are a solid color of white or black, any writing on the shirt may not be visible.
- Imagine school pride shirts may be worn on Fridays only.
- Imagine sports team shirts may be worn on game days and on Friday’s.
- V-neck or crew neck sweatshirts or plain knit sweaters, sweater vests, or cardigans may be worn over dress code shirt. These can have the Imagine logo or must be a solid color of royal blue or gray.
- No hoods or kangaroo pockets are allowed to be worn in school.
- Tights or leggings may be worn if solid white, black, navy blue, or tan
- Socks must be one solid color of navy, white, black, or tan if they can be seen outside of shoes.
- Shoes ay be any color and must have closed toe and closed heel
- No lights, wheels, Crocs, jellies, clogs, flip flops, sandals, or heeled tennis shoes are allowed
- No boots are permitted
- For safety reasons, laces must be tied, straps and buckles secured
- Students in grades 5 and 6 may wear shoes with heels that are not higher than 1”
- Shoes for PE: socks and athletic style tennis shoes are required
- Hair should be neat and clean
- Hair color should be a naturally occurring
- Hair should not be done in a way that is distracting to the classroom learning environment
- Students should not have any visible piercings except for earrings that are small in size and do not dangle or are a hoop larger than the size of a finger
- Any object that has a purpose other than jewelry cannot be worn as jewelry (i.e. animal chains or collars)
- Teachers have the right to ask students to remove any jewelry that interferes with student learning
- Grades 5 and 6 students may wear natural looking make up, bright or dark lipstick and eye shadows are not permitted
- All outerwear needs to be removed when indoors
- Hats and sunglasses are permitted during TDA times and outdoor PE times
- Hoodie jackets are only permitted to be worn in the halls and outside during the day if the temperature when you arrive on campus in the morning is 40 degrees or below.
- Students should have a sweater or sweatshirt, with either the Imagine logo or in a solid color of royal blue or gray, to wear during school hours if they are cold.
- Jeans must be clean, neat, and free of holes.
- Jeans should not be to tight or to baggy
- Jean shorts must be knee length
- Jean skirts and jean dresses are permitted
- Jeans can be any color
- Vulgarity, profanity, or inappropriate language
- Gang related symbols or references
- Reference to any illegal substance such as drugs or alcohol
- Sexually suggestive with sayings or images
- Violence related
- Advocacy of racial, ethnic, political, or religious prejudice
If at any time due to medical needs a student is unable to comply completely with the dress code, a written note from a physician is needed. A conference with student and parent/guardian may be required to determine the best way to honor the students’ needs.
Students are expected to follow the school dress code and not try to find “loopholes” within the policy. The dress code has been created to encourage a rich academic school culture. All students are expected to follow the dress code each day.
Students, with parent support, are expected to adhere to the dress code. Teachers will be checking students’ dress daily. Infractions will be noted and parents will be notified. If a student is found to be out of dress code it is expected that they come into immediate compliance. Continuous violation of the dress code will result in disciplinary action which may include suspension.
If you have any questions about any item, please call the school before purchasing. The school is not responsible for clothing purchases. The dress code will be revised and reviewed on a yearly basis. Changes to the dress code in regards to new fads or trends will be addressed on an as needed basis. You will receive written notification of this when it occurs.
Please contact the front office for information pertaining to uniform company partnerships in the Melbourne area.
“It is through OUR partnership that WE teach your child.”
See our student handbook for our uniform requirements. View now